SPDocKit is a powerful time-saving application that allows SharePoint administrators to generate professional-looking farm documentation, manage permissions, compare farms, detect system misconfigurations and enforce governance policies. Your farm will be kept healthy and secure thanks to various built-in reports, and your documentation will be ready in just a few clicks.
- Generate SharePoint Documentation: To keep a healthy and well-functioning SharePoint environment, every administrator has to create a proper documentation file with all the farm, system and configuration settings. SPDocKit saves you hours of manually pasting data - it automatically generates professional-looking documentation in just a few clicks. The created document contains your complete SharePoint farm configuration and can be exported as a PDF, Word or Excell file.
- Analyze SharePoint Permissions: With SPDocKit, SharePoint permissions can be reviewed in real time without the need to load them. You can also keep a history of permissions changes and track them in time. Reporting on permissions can be especially difficult, but with our various built-in reports, it has never been easier or faster. Gain insight into which sites, lists, libraries and items have unique permissions, check out the permissions hierarchy and more.
- Manage SharePoint Permissions: Managing all user, group and site permissions from one common interface is now possible with SPDocKit. This tool allows you direct access to management options for all permissions. The simple built-in Permissions Wizard enables you to grant, edit, clone, transfer or remove individual user permissions. Groups are easily managed as well - you can manage group membership, and create, edit, rename or delete groups. You can also break or restore permissions inheritance, manage site collection admins and clean sites of unwanted principals.
- Audit Farm Configuration: The hundreds of different configurations for web applications, site collections, service applications and the other components in a SharePoint farm can be hard to manage. SPDocKit offers built-in reports based on the SharePoint community's best practices. Other than the predefined reports included in the product, the Best Practices reports can be customized according to your needs. Any report can be exported as a Word document.
- Compare Farms and Track Changes: The embedded snapshot service enables you to take periodic snapshots of your SharePoint farm configuration settings so that you can easily compare changes. You can take snapshots manually, whenever you want, or schedule automatic snapshots. You can compare different farms, changes in settings for a particular farm, and different web applications, site collections, permissions and web.config files.
- Enforce Governance Policies: The Queries and Rules feature allows you to enforce governance policies by implementing your own set of rules and running custom queries for a particular problem. You can use predefined rules but you can also create your own and implement them on various targets. The Wizard History has an overview of all previously executed actions, which allows you to track changes previously made by Queries and Rules.
- Monitor SharePoint Farm Health: This feature allows administrators to gather information about farm health from the Windows Event Log and SharePoint ULS logs across all servers. You can receive warnings about possible system misconfigurations, detect the time and source of evenet failures, and filter them using a target date range.
For a complete user experience of SPDocKit, a small but useful feature is also available - you can save scheduled reports to File share or SharePoint library.
SPDocKit provides flexible licensing according to the number of farms or consultants, so every company can get the perfect license solution that suits its needs. More details about licensing and editions are available here, where you can also find the 30-day free trial available for download.