KnowledgeLake Capture for SharePoint
KnowledgeLake Capture is a comprehensive solution for managing the capture of your enterprise content using the Microsoft SharePoint platform. Much more than a "Scan to SharePoint" application, KnowledgeLake acts as a single, manageable interface to drive the full feature set all of your company's scanning devices including; MFP’s, production scanners, departmental scanners and desktop scanners, as well as electronic content.
KnowledgeLake Capture improves your business processes by classifying your content and ensuring the information is accurate, retrievable, secure and auditable. KnowledgeLake Capture works exclusively with SharePoint and enables your content to be accessible directly from SharePoint or from any of your business applications. This increases user productivity and ensures that your organization’s records management and compliance policies are enforced.
With KnowledgeLake Capture, you can:
- Batch Capture using barcodes and forms identification for document separation
- Save scanned images as documents directly into SharePoint
- Capture metadata into SharePoint columns
- Automatically index using barcodes, zones, OCR and database lookups
- Customize using KnowledgeLake Capture’s .Net based SDK
- Access metadata columns driven by SharePoint Content Types
- Compatible with TWAIN, WIA and ISIS devices (Fujitsu, Bell & Howell, Kodak, Canon and more)
- High volume, production level scanning (certified to run with scanners up to 400 images per minute) to desktop scanning
- Barcode and patch code document separator sheet recognition
- Ability to import PDF and Office documents
- Convert Office document to image or PDF format
- "Folder watching" to automatically create batches of new items from multiple sources, including multi-function devices
- Import most image types, including TIFF, JPEG and BMP
- Import of existing multi-page or single-page TIFF files
- Ability to capture screen shots from any running application
- Support for Kofax AIPE using optional Kofax Adapter Plug-In
- Kofax VRS fully supported through TWAIN interface or Kofax Adapter Plug-In
- Support for Kofax VRS and Kodak Perfect Page
- Support for many configurable image processing features, including de-speckle, de-skew, border removal and blank page detection
- Ability for barcodes to automatically assign indexing values to specified columns
- Ability to index directly from almost any external data source and support for the BCS (Business Connectivity Services)
- "Point and shoot" OCR functionality for easy indexing of unstructured documents
- Zonal OCR for automated indexing from saved forms templates
- Index using pre-configured rules based on SharePoint Content Types
- Ability to save to TIFF, PDF, PDF/A, Searchable PDF and XPS formats
- Ability to release document to any local or network location
- Tight integration with Microsoft SharePoint, including automatic retrieval of document libraries and column properties
- Use of scanning profiles to streamline administration across users, with a “Quick Start” profile selector available in the system tray
- SharePoint driven index panel
- Plug-in based architecture for easy customization
- Software Development Kit to extend your KnowledgeLake solution for any business requirement
- Provides resources for modifying and customizing KnowledgeLake Capture
- Example plug-in code samples included
- Developer support included
Average user rating from: 2 user(s)
i have encountered so many errors with this program it is ridiculous. everyday there has been an error that has occurred making the process of scanning and processing extremely slow. sometimes there is an indexing error, then sometimes an error releasing a batch, sometimes a batch wont show up in the designated folder. there have been various issues i have had to deal with concerning this program. and on top of that the processing takes a long time.
Great Scanning Solutions
I've used this both with Capture Server as well as a stand alone product pushing documents to WSS Team Sites.
As a stand alone solution it is a fast reliable solution for adding scanned documents to SharePoint.
When connected with Capture Server it becomes even more powerful thanks to the extra features enabled to provide controlled list/lookups against other databases.