Aspose.Words for SharePoint allows you to convert documents within theMicrosoft SharePoint applications and supports multiple documentformats like PDF, DOCX, DOC, RTF, MHT, TXT, XML, ODT, EPUB and XPS. Itis designed to be used with Windows SharePoint Services and MicrosoftOffice SharePoint Server 2007 (standard and enterprise). You can alsoavail different valuable options during conversion setup like;converting files in subfolders, saving destination folder options etc.
Aspose.Words for SharePoint is a solution supporting document conversion that makes it possible to convert documents within the Microsoft SharePoint applications and support multiple document formats with high fidelity.
Having Aspose.Words for SharePoint installed you can convert documents right from your SharePoint document library between many popular office document formats and most of the conversions will be done with high fidelity.
To generate documents, Aspose.Words for SharePoint relies on a built-in version of Aspose.Words for .NET, the market leading document-processing component from Aspose. DOC, OOXML, RTF and WordprocessingML copies of the same document will look identical to each other, due to the high degree of support for the underlying file formats, provided by Aspose.Words. Microsoft Word is not used to generate documents.
The full list of output formats supported by Aspose.Words for SharePoint is below:
- PDF - Adobe Portable Document
- DOCX – Office Open XML
- DOC - Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 Document
- RTF - Rich Text
- MHT - Web Page Archive
- TXT - Plain Text
- XML - Microsoft Word 2003 WordprocessingML
- XML - Flat OPC
- ODT - OpenDocument
- EPUB - IDPF Digital Book
- XPS - XML Paper Specification
Some Important Uses are
- Convert documents from SharePoint document libraries between many popular Microsoft Office document formats.
- Use Aspose.Words for SharePoint in SharePoint workflows.
- Concatenate multiple files during conversion.
- Develop your own internal SharePoint solutions which use our conversion engine via the product's public API.
- Generate Word-based reports using data from SQL databases, SharePoint lists or XML data files.
- Support fractional numeric parameters
- Support storing a hyperlink to the report description inside a report template
- Add a compile-time check for the workflow destination url parameter
- Support workflow activity upgrade scenario.
- Make a workflow activity for building reports from template.
- Multi-page PDF rendering