If you need to search one or more lists, List Simple Search and List Advanced Search Web Parts help users yield maximum search results. These Web Parts present a simple, straightforward search interface for a single list without confusing field lists. Our Web Parts allow users to modify the scope of the search and also allow for AND/OR operator functions, providing functionality beyond the basic search capabilities of SharePoint.
The List Search Simple Web Part is intended for you to configure for the end users. It presents a simple, straightforward search interface for a single list without confusing field lists or Boolean operators. The search results are presented like a SharePoint list view that is familiar to most end users.
The List Search Advanced Web Part provides you with the flexibility to easily create an advanced search interface to allow end users to perform a complex query on a large lists, such as issues or tasks, using all available fields with Boolean operators and grouping.
- Specify the list to be searched, view to use to display the search results, and the fields within the list to make available for use as search criteria.
- Constrain a search to a single list without having to create an index and search scope.
- Display search result hits by individual list item.
- Identify a view associated with the list to use to display the search results, allowing the designer to specifically define the look and feel of the search results list, including columns and sorts.
- Allow grouping, AND and OR operators to be included in the search criteria. (Advanced Search Web Part Only)
- Allows user to select ALL or ANY words to join search columns.
- Ability to rearrange search results column order.
- Ability to print search results.
- Ability to search key words in all list columns.
- Users now have the option to select available lists. (Advanced Search Web Part Only)
- Translate the Web Part into English, French, German or Spanish, or customize translation for the language you need.
- Customize the look and feel of the Web Part by modifying the HTML Source and CSS. (Simple Search Web Part Only)