Review Detail

Rating 

Excellent tool for migrations and SharePoint site

The most useful tool for migrations because it allows you to continue to get value out of the product AFTER the migration is complete!

Product Reviews

Pros
This tool is easy to use and allows you to migrate whole sites or portions of them to SharePoint 2007. The ability to move portions of a site is especially helpful if you want to re-vamp your sites or site collections and move sites, lists or libraries to different locations. Additionally this is a great tool to help you move from Development to Test to Production since it allows you to use a 2007 site as a source and a destination. I personally used it to migrate "a lot" of sites from 2003 to 2007. I also regularly moved sites and lists from Test to Production and I love it. The Batch feature is handy when you want to selectively pick lists or libraries for migration.
Administrators will also love that they can work from their desk rather than on the server. Once the server components are installed, the administrator simply launches the Migration Manager and gets down to work.
Cons
None, this product works well and does everything as advertised.
Version Reviewed
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering