Alert Plus by Bamboo Solutions
Alert Plus Web Part lets you save time, minimize inbox traffic and keep projects on track by automatically sending customized, conditional email alerts and reminders to users or a group of users.
Some of the features Alert Plus offers:
- Centralized Alerts Management: Manage all Bamboo Alert Plus alerts in a single Web Part.
- Comprehensive Set of Triggers: Trigger alerts when item exists, created, modified, deleted, or when a column changes.
- Limit Alterable Items with Filters: Filter the items to alert on based on an existing List View or set of conditions.
- Multiple Routing Methods: Send notification to distribution lists, including those not members of SharePoint sites.
- Customizable Rich Text E-mails: Include Columns From the Alert Item; Display Both Past & New Column Values; Provide Professional Appearance With Embedded Images.
- Keep Inboxes Clutter Free: Merge multiple notifications into a single summary alert.
- No Developer Coding Required: Build effective alerts through a user friendly interface within SharePoint.
Receive alerts based on conditions such as:
- Tasks coming due or overdue.
- Document status changes from Pending to Approved.
- Issues status is marked as Active and due date is 1 day away.
- Publishing of Wiki Pages.
Build effective e-mail alert notifications:
- Create eye-catching, informative alerts using a rich multi-line control.
- Include only columns that reinforce the subject of the alert.
- Choose to display previous and/or new column values.
- Assemble different alert templates for different list actions, such as when an item is Created vs. Modified.
Stop limiting your users to default SharePoint self-subscription alerting and send alerts to:
- A distribution list such as a SharePoint Contact list.
- The user set in the Assigned To column of a Task.
- To the project manager defined in the associated project details list.
- Any user (member of SharePoint or not), as long as the user has an e-mail address, an alert can be sent.
Average user rating from: 7 user(s)
When it works...
I would only recommend this product if you are on an environment that does not changes very often. Be careful when upgrading! Disable ALL your alerts first before upgrading or migrating your farm database.
I love the ability to trigger workflows.
Alerts tend to be very fragile. I spend a few days troubleshooting alerts related issues at least once a year, since we've got this tool.
This tool does not work and support is terrible
I wouldn't purchase this or another bamboo product again.
I must say that I just recently upgraded to the latest version and although I ran into a couple of minor bugs, the reliability of the alerts actually being triggered seems to be back on track. I'll need more time to tell for sure.
This product is great when it works.
It’s impossible to get this product to work consistently. The custom timer never worked for us. The support team even with the so called “premium support” is useless.
The alerts worked for one site, but refuse to work on other sites in the site collections. Sometimes the alerts event does not get raised, sometimes it sends the alerts but it sends the email message designed on another site. Alert schedules are sometimes Eastern time, sometimes GMT. The Bamboo Alert Plus Windows Service sometimes fails and no alerts go out until they are restarted. At one point, the services would no longer restart and required us to restart the server. Overall, it worked well for our demo on one site but once we deployed all alerts on all sites for the site collection, things went from good to very bad.
We have this
Getting support from Bamboo is next to impossible. The alerts can work reliably but they must be set up just perfectly which can take a lot of time. We have it working on one list but can't for the life of us get it to work on another list in the site collection. The times are all wrong, etc. Support was, of course, no help with that either.
Powerful Configuration, but was Inconsistent
We implemented this to support a SharePoint application that was built before we started using the workflow capabilities. It was easy to setup, and we found the customization very powerful, but it frequently stopped working and the logs even at full sensitivity couldn't tell us why all of the changes/events were being ignored.
Even though we purchased support, we received very little help and no definitive fix. We eventually stopped using it since the users couldn't depend on it.