Selective Restore Manager simplifies the restoration of individual documents and list items, as well as entire SharePoint sites. Instead of rebuilding your entire production database or using a temporary SharePoint recovery farm, you can access your native SQL Server backup files as though they were live SharePoint sites. You can recover documents, list items and even entire SharePoint sites directly to the production environment using a familiar, copy-and-paste user interface and preserve related metadata, versions, views and permissions.
- Respond quickly to recovery requests.
- Avoid rebuilding your entire production database or using a recovery farm just to recover a single item.
- Avoid third-party, proprietary back-up formats and costly dedicated hardware.
- Recover content out of any SharePoint content database, even if the site is offline or inaccessible.
- Use a familiar, tree-based, copy-and-paste user interface to quickly perform restore operations for everything from individual documents or list items to complete SharePoint site collections.
- Preserve all views, version chains, metadata, permissions, and authorship information.
- Selective Restore Manager allows you to easily open and browse your existing SQL Server back-up files as though they were SharePoint sites. You can restore any item, document, or SharePoint site directly to the production environment.
- Use powerful differential reporting capabilities to easily compare two backup files, or a backup file and the live SharePoint site, and see what has been added, modified or deleted.
- All restore operations are done through the supported SharePoint APIs.