The Documentum and SharePoint Integration tool allows the user to access the information from Documentum and SharePoint through the more user-friendly SharePoint portal, allowing users to work from SharePoint to Documentum.
The SharePoint and Documentum Integration tool is meant to allow the best of both worlds of content management: the robust, highly scalable content organization of Documentum with the highly collaborative and easy-to-use functionality of SharePoint. The content from the Documentum environment that is accessed through SharePoint is not published into SharePoint but is simply linked to the SharePoint environment to prevent users from having to search multiple silos for information or even to be trained on multiple programs.
Additionally, by accessing the Documentum content through the SharePoint environment, you are able to use SharePoint features that are unavailable in Documentum. The SharePoint and Documentum Integration Tool allows these SharePoint features to be used with Documentum content:
- Check In/ Check out
- View/Edit Properties
- Email as Link
- Provides access to documents through the user-friendly SharePoint interface.
- Retention of security and file permissions.
- Immediate ROI through increased user productivity.
- Elimination of multiple silos of information.
- Single search capabilities for all content.
- Documentum document management features can be performed in SharePoint.
Please visit product site for more information.