With the eCopy Connector for Microsoft SharePoint, hard copy documents are quickly converted into digital files to be stored in folders within SharePoint repositories. Document indexing based on site library and folder content types and columns are input at the digital copier or scanner using eCopy ShareScan. This enables the document to be sent directly to the specified location within Microsoft SharePoint for storage, where it is immediately available for retrieval by authorized SharePoint users.
Microsoft SharePoint users can easily include paper documents in their digital workflows and document lifecycle management processes. The eCopy Connector for Microsoft SharePoint dynamically integrates with the Microsoft SharePoint server, and does not require any components on the SharePoint server, assuring customers that eCopy-created image files will be stored, indexed,and managed consistent with existing content management policies and procedures.
The Microsoft SharePoint Connector supports data publishing when used in conjunction with the eCopy Forms Processing or Barcode Recognition Extenders or other custom/3rd-party forms Extenders, allowing users to index and name files based on content extracted from their pages, further streamlining the scanning process.
Features & Benefits:
- Leverage existing SharePoint investments
- Validate users at the device
- Create an electronic audit trail
- Conform to corporate security policies: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA
- Dynamic integration enables unique user permissions / preferences
- Consistent user interface and workflow reduces training time
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Capture missing information – add paper documents to your Documentum document management process
- Profile documents completely from an eCopy-enabled device with minimal typing
- MySite & Look-Up Columns Support for tighter integration with custom SharePoint environment
Please visit product site for more information.