Questionmark’s assessment management system – available for use in-house (Questionmark Perception) or as an on-demand solution (Questionmark OnDemand) – enables learning and assessment professionals to author, deliver, and report on surveys, quizzes, tests and exams.
Questionmark users deploy a broad range of assessments including:
- Pre-employment screening and skills tests
- Needs Analysis Surveys
- Job Task Analysis Surveys
- Employee Attitude/Opinion Surveys
- Customer/Partner Satisfaction Surveys
- Conformance/Compliance Surveys
- Level 1 Surveys / Course evaluations
- Practice tests
- Pre-course tests
- Post Course tests
- Certification tests/exams
- Self-diagnostic tools
Questionmark enables you to:
- Create assessments – in multiple languages if desired -- with easy-to use, collaborative authoring tools.
- Deliver your surveys, quizzes, tests and exams to a variety of different devices, including tablets and mobile phones. Responsive design automatically adjusts your assessment to the screen size of each device.
- Analyse all assessment results centrally, using standard reports and analytics or accessing data to produce customized, configurable reports. Stakeholders can choose between dashboards for quick overviews or highly detailed reports.
There are several ways you can use SharePoint and Questionmark technologies together:
- Embed a quiz or survey in a SharePoint portal page, wiki or blog.
- Provide single sign-on access to assessments – allowing participants to view and launch Questionmark assessments assigned to them from within SharePoint.
This is possible:
- Using a standard SharePoint "page-viewer" web part (if your organization uses Windows authentication)
- Using Questionmark’s SharePoint Connector for On Demand. When initialized, the Connector calls the Questionmark server using the current SharePoint user’s login name as the participant name and receives a list of assessments scheduled for that participant and display a list of links to those assessments.