User ratings and reviews are now an important component of the online user experiences. It greatly improves the user interaction and engagement with your sites. FireArrow Rating and Review solution offers a full-featured rating and review solution for SharePoint sites. It enables users to rate and comment on any documents and list items based on a 1-to-5 rating scale or like/dislike voting. It offers a lot rich features such as various rating styles, sorting and filtering, editing and deletion, posting a reply, like/dislike voting for comments, and RSS feed capabilities, etc.
There are two editions available for the solution: standard edition and advanced edition. The advanced edition introduces a new rating and review web part, which gives users great flexibility to integrate rating and review with any SharePoint pages. For example, you can add rating and review web part to your page to display rating and review details for an existing list item. Alternatively, you can add the web part to an article page to allow users to rate and provide comments for the article page.
- Rate and write reviews for SharePoint documents and list items.
- Two rating types: 5-point rating or like/dislike voting.
- Various rating icon styles with multiple color choices
- Real-time and detail rating statistics: average rating score, # of total ratings, # of total reviews and rating distribution chart.
- Display ratings and review comments.
- Sort and filter review comments.
- Pagination to browse through review comments.
- "Reply to Comments" feature.
- "Like/Dislike" votes feature for reviews and replies.
- Offer various RSS feeds based on rating information: top rated, most rated, most commented and most recent.
Rating and Review solution provides a variety of settings which make it very flexible to use for different business scenarios.
- Define your own meanings of the rating scales.
- Offer multiple options to set rating period.
- Enable anonymous users to rate and write a review.
- Enable users to edit or delete their own ratings and reviews.
- Option to allow multiple ratings and reviews from the same user.
- Allow administrators to edit or delete ratings and reviews.
- Allow administrators to manage permissions for different user types.
- Allow administrators to enable and disable rating features: e.g. "Reply to Comments" feature, "Like/Dislike" features, etc.
- Implementing AJAX to minimize page refresh.
Advanced Edition provides a rating and review web part which can be easily added to any SharePoint pages.
- All the rating features are available through the web part.
- Ability to rate and review current SharePoint page or an existing list item through the web part.
- Offer flexible user interface configuration of the rating and review web part.