EBAX is an Excel add-on designed for people who love to work in Excel. EBAX (Excel Business Application Exchange) is a methodology of taking data from a business application, modifying it in Excel, and then putting the information back.
EBAX for SharePoint allows users to work with Microsoft SharePoint lists in Excel. This functionality originally existed with Excel 2003 but was deprecated in Excel 2007. EBAX restores this functionality and improves upon it by including:
- Ease of use - Select the site/list/view, click "Populate Data" to download the list, make your modifications, and finally click "Update Data" to update in SharePoint. Users do not need to go to SharePoint to access their lists.
- No Server Installation - EBAX is a pure Excel Add-on. There is no server side installation.
- Data validations - know which records have been modified as well as if values are valid.
- Offline capability - take the lists offline and update them.
- Cross listing - Update multiple lists at once and work with many to 1 and 1 to many relationships
- Reporting - Use EBAX to create a dataset and then build your pivot tables and charts. You can update your dataset by clicking "Populate Data"