Create cascading master-detail relationships between two or more lookup fields in SharePoint lists and document libraries. For example, easily filter your city column values by the selected country. Create connections between multiple fields, including support for content types and site columns. You can even create multi-choice to multi-choice connections.
Infowise Connected Field enables you to create lookup columns that are filtered according to the value selected in the parent lookup field. Columns can be chained together to produce a hierarchy of cascading columns.
- Support for site columns and content types - now you can create the master-detail relationship at the root site and reuse it throughout your site collection.
- Support for multi-choice lookup fields - both master and detail fields can be set to support multiple values. When several master values are selected, the combined list of detail values is available for selection.
- Unlimited number of cascading levels - you can chain together as many columns are you like, each parent can have unlimited children and each child can have its own children. Note: you may experience some performance degradation when too many columns are added. Up to 12 columns may be created on a slow system without a significant performance penalty.
- Looks and behaves similarly to the built-in lookup column, no user training required - end users will not notice any change in the behavior or appearance.
- Walks hand in hand with the architecture of MOSS 2007 & WSS 3.0 features - the component is a custom field, installed as a solution, which can be deployed or retracted centrally.
- Based on ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX capabilities - no ASP.NET 3.5 AJAX support is required, no changes to the web.config or master page are needed.