MetaVis Migration Suite is a simple-to-use tools for moving to Office 365 SharePoint or SharePoint and supports migrations from SharePoint (premise-based or hosted), file systems, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders, Microsoft Outlook, and Google.Drive. Migration Suite supports SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, 2007 and 2003 and is designed to help companies organize requirements and improves site performance.
Additional advantages of using MetaVis Migration Suite to migrate to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online include:
- Agentless Migration: No server side access is required as long as you have credentials;
- Migrate and Restructure Content: Bulk migrate and copy entire lists, libraries, sites and site collections along with web parts, views, permissions, versions;
- Migrate Metadata: Retain or enrich metadata as you migrate without the use of server-sides agents, deployments or configurations;
- Enrich Metadata: Classify or reclassify content as you migrate;
- Copy Content: Copy multiple items between folders, lists, sites or farms while simultaneously modifying or retaining an item's content type and metadata;
- Term Stores: Migrate term groups, sets or terms between 2010 or 2013 managed metadata services;
- Incremental Migrations: Keep your old SharePoint environment live and use incremental migration to pick up any differences; and
- Scripted Migrations: Perform any type of SharePoint migration using PowerShell and CMD scripts.
- Direct migration path – migrate to directly to SharePoint 2013 from SharePoint 2007 or 2003.
With the MetaVis Migration Suite, companies can take advantage of new features in SharePoint 2013 such as Shredded Storage to decrease their document storage requirements. By supporting the Shredded Storage feature, MetaVis allows users to migrate only the most recent copy of a document plus any versions that are required under governance policies as opposed to bringing over all the document content and corresponding BLOB files that exists. This reduces storage.