MetaVis Migration Suite
MetaVis Migration Suite is a simple-to-use tools for moving to Office 365 SharePoint or SharePoint and supports migrations from SharePoint (premise-based or hosted), file systems, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders, Microsoft Outlook, and Google.Drive. Migration Suite supports SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint 2010, 2007 and 2003 and is designed to help companies organize requirements and improves site performance.
Additional advantages of using MetaVis Migration Suite to migrate to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online include:
- Agentless Migration: No server side access is required as long as you have credentials;
- Migrate and Restructure Content: Bulk migrate and copy entire lists, libraries, sites and site collections along with web parts, views, permissions, versions;
- Migrate Metadata: Retain or enrich metadata as you migrate without the use of server-sides agents, deployments or configurations;
- Enrich Metadata: Classify or reclassify content as you migrate;
- Copy Content: Copy multiple items between folders, lists, sites or farms while simultaneously modifying or retaining an item's content type and metadata;
- Term Stores: Migrate term groups, sets or terms between 2010 or 2013 managed metadata services;
- Incremental Migrations: Keep your old SharePoint environment live and use incremental migration to pick up any differences; and
- Scripted Migrations: Perform any type of SharePoint migration using PowerShell and CMD scripts.
- Direct migration path – migrate to directly to SharePoint 2013 from SharePoint 2007 or 2003.
With the MetaVis Migration Suite, companies can take advantage of new features in SharePoint 2013 such as Shredded Storage to decrease their document storage requirements. By supporting the Shredded Storage feature, MetaVis allows users to migrate only the most recent copy of a document plus any versions that are required under governance policies as opposed to bringing over all the document content and corresponding BLOB files that exists. This reduces storage.
Average user rating from: 7 user(s)
MetaVis tool for Office 365 migration
Overall good product
2. Complex designer workflows in Office 365 migrate properly.
3. Makes the migration easy and supports many features.
2. Custom list forms don't migrate.
MetaVis for Migration for SharePoint
A great tool for migrating from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010, but also to just move content from one site to another. One of the easiest tools when you want to move content without loosing metadata such as created by and modified by.
Last updated: June 07, 2013
Metavis Migration Suite - Outstanding migration tool
Providing Managed Services for top 500 companies, our company has spend some time to investigate in pros and cons of a variety of SharePoint migration tools. Besides a professional and fast support team, this tools really stands out in usability, functionality and accuracy. At this point, we have used the tool for multiple customers with completely different SharePoint farms and requirements and I can only conclude that it has never let us down.
On the contrary, recently we discovered it even supports forward compatibility for SharePoint 2013 which was unexpected as we got a license in a SharePoint 2010 world.
Therefore, without a doubt, if you require a fail safe migration solution, I sincerely recommend the MetaVis Migration Suite.
Superb user mapping functionality
Great schedulability options, extremely useful when migrating huge amounts of data
Great set of comparison options
Easy install with no additional agents
Great logging system providing an easy way to redo items when failed
Great support team with fast response times
Performs so much better than any other tested migration tools thereby providing good value for money
Last updated: May 21, 2013
MetaVis Architect Suite & Migrator
I have used MetaVis on a number of projects and can't praise the product highly enough. It makes the process of mgirating and reorganising content in SharePoint very straightforward and has saved me countless hours and pain in the process. If you have a need to migrate content or reorganise existing SharePoint environments then I would thoroughly recommend using the MetaVis product set.
Excellent functionality for migration and content reorganisation.
Easy to install and configure.
Excellent support service.
Metavis for SharePoint
We used Metavis to migrate from SharePoint 2007 to 2010, it's a great tool to use and much better value that the majority of its competitors. I would recommend it. Great support and helpful staff really make the process a lot easier. A great feature of this tool is you can really think about the taxonomy of your documents applying new Metadata in the copy process, this for us was its biggest selling point.
Easy to use - we were able to simply install and go without any awkward configurations.
Great comparison features that enables you to see exactly what's in each site you're looking at.
Metavis Migration Suite - The Ultimate SP Migration tool
Without a shadow of doubt, there are many SharePoint migration tools currently in the market. However, what sets Metavis apart from the rest is the strong reputation of the company and its amazing team behind the tool. Dealing with having to migrate clients' documents which amount to millions of dollars, Metavis team provides a strong assurance that my clients' documents will be migrated securely and efficiently onto SharePoint.
- Excellent customer service and tech support.
- Metavis team was able to customize their tool to meet our project requirements. i.e. Pre-migration analysis and capability of defining new set of characters to replace SP invalid characters.
- Capability to store a list of files that failed to upload into SP in .CSV format for easy post-migration review.
- Performance is relatively stable and fast.
- Easy drag and drop feature and user-friendly interface.
- Migration progress is not displayed accurately - unable to tell at what percentage the migration is currently at. E.g. the percentage of migration progress remains at 100% eventhough there are still more files to upload.
MetaVis Migrator for SharePoint
We moved from a hosted Exchange environment to Office 365. The hosting company were not providing a good service, so we decided to move to Office 365, however our contract was coming to an end so we had a very short timescale to complete the migration before we lost our data! MetaVis was aware of this and offered support from the word Go and helped us through to a successful migration of all of our company information. The interface was straight forward and the comparison tool was great for peace of mind that all data was migrated.
Comparison tools for checking data
No reliance on other (hosted) 3rd party company (only connection credentials)