Automate Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and 2010 implementation from staging to production. DocAve Deployment Manager for Microsoft SharePoint automates the deployment of customizations and configurations within or across SharePoint farms through an easy-to-use management console. Deployment Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring a successful SharePoint deployment by offering simplified management and automation of release operations to promote content, customizations, and design elements throughout SharePoint environments.
Deployment Manager helps to:
- Automate application lifecycle management by propagating changes to solutions, configurations, or customizations – including workflows – on a scheduled basis.
- Delegate solution or customization deployment tasks to appropriate farm or solution administrators in order to increase operational efficiency, while maintaining production environment integrity.
- Quickly identify web-front end (WFE) configurations, design elements, and solutions that are out of sync, and propagate changes within or across farms.
- Deploy and manage design elements; WFE configurations and customizations; features; and solutions within or across SharePoint farms for comprehensive application lifecycle management
- Plan-based deployment with customizable scheduling options allow for consistent deployment outside of production hours, minimizing business disruptions that can result from artifact and customization deployment
- Report on deployment tasks to track changes and notify stakeholders upon completion
- Compare site-level configurations in order to quickly identify elements for propagation and easily execute propagation tasks from one site to another, or to multiple sites
- Comprehensive support for deploying gallery artifacts, including site columns, content types, list/site templates, master pages, and web parts
- Replicate and deploy dependencies located on the WFE server file system, custom .NET assemblies required for SharePoint customizations, and IIS settings from one environment to multiple destinations
- Copy, deploy, retract, and delete SharePoint solutions across multiple farms from a single interface
- Copy or move Nintex Workflow 2010, SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow, and Windows Workflow definitions