Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars, Reviewed by Bjørn Furuknap at the European SharePoint Conference
Sonja Madsen wants us to use apps immediately and extensively. In this session, she shows us a rather complex App consisting of a range of App features. This was clearly a developer and programmer oriented session, as evident by most of the demonstrations showing the underlying code.
I haven’t seen Sonja before, but the session went quite smoothly. The normal performance issues caused some initial problems, but Sonja recovered expertly. Audio worked very well, and her assistant Mads Nissen was helpful during the question section at the end, a section that Sonja handled very well.
If I were to comment on anything, although minor, it was Sonja’s command of English and perhaps a bit insecure presentation style. As I have mentioned for other sessions, this is a bit sad and unnecessary because she clearly knows the material very well and she handled any unforeseen issues well.
I would also like to see her post the code for her solution. When you do quick code reviews like she does, it is very difficult to grasp what’s really going on. Making the solution available to attendees would make it easier to follow up on the points she made.
Microsoft messaging rating: Speaks Microsoftish fluently and uses it actively.
Other Reviews from the ESPC 2013
Speaker / Session Reviews:
- Create an End User Adoption Strategy, Presented by Erica Toelle
- SharePoint 2013 Workshop for Developers, Presented by Sahil Malik
- Achieving the Application Lifecycle Management Dream in SharePoint, Presented by Jeremy Thake and Randy Williams
- What’s New in SharePoint Designer 2013, Presented by Mai Omar Desouki
- Workflow Stages Done Well, Presented by Mike Fitzmaurice