Metadata Security allows administrators to protect documents in SharePoint based on their metadata properties. Access to documents, and permissions associated with documents can be based on the document’s metadata properties.
It allows administrators to build access rules based on the document’s assigned metadata properties. These metadata rules can then be assigned to a document library or content type. Metadata Security can automatically produce specific permissions for each document in the library, without having to do tedious item-level permission assignment.
Because per-document security is much easier to set up, administrators can easily create a Document Library that different groups of users can share. Each group can have different and specific types of permissions.
- Protects files based on SharePoint content type
- Protects files based on standard or customized SharePoint columns (metadata)
- Protects files based on the file type (file extension)
- Enables metadata security rules to be easily changed
- Automatically applies permissions to files based on the file’s metadata properties (columns)
- Secures any type of file based on metadata
- Metadata security leverages standard users and groups from Active Directory
WINNER OF THE WINDOWS IT PRO EDITORS CHOICE AWARD, 2011