Virtual Identity Server for SharePoint (VIS for SharePoint) is the world's only Microsoft-centric LDAP Virtual Directory and LDAP Proxy Server specifically for SharePoint (2007/2010). VIS for SharePoint can be leveraged by SharePoint to provide ALL identities and security groups that would normally have to come from Active Directory. Users and Groups can exist in one or more backend data stores for Authentication and Authorization into SharePoint.
VIS for SharePoint provides a solution that extends SharePoint's functionality, enabling organizations to effectively deploy and maintain SharePoint in a secure, manageable fashion that saves time and greatly reduces the total cost of administration.
Supported Data Stores:
- Active Directory
- IBM LDAP
- Open LDAP
- Oracle OID
- RedHat LDAP
- Sun LDAP
- SQL Server
- Oracle Database
- Multi-forest user/group repository deployments
- Multi-repository user/group deployments
- Extensible Single Sign On (SSO) Authentication Framework
- Seamless Cross-forest Windows Authentication Module without trusts
- Single Point of Administration
- Enhanced Authorization & Content Management
- Dynamic Role Based Access Control (SharePoint permissions based on data about the user)
- Comprehensive Audit, Compliance & Reporting
- Eliminates Deployment Barriers
- Reduces Administration Costs (by up to 80%)
- Gain Compliance and Governance
- Leverages and extends the existing investment in the Microsoft Platform
Please visit company's website for more information.